Πέμπτη 26 Ιουνίου 2014

"Αzure" - Ella Fitzgerald (Verve Records 1956) (youtube,1/4/2013)

............................................................


Αzure  
Ella Fitzgerald  
(Verve Records 1956)




Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 1 Απρ 2013
 
"Azure" is a 1937 song composed by Duke Ellington with lyrics by Irving Mills. The composition is an example of Ellington's early use of bi- and polytonality, and some parts of it are almost atonal in nature.

Ella's accompanied by Ben Webster (ts), Stuff Smith (vl), Paul Smith (p), Barney Kessel (g), Joe Mondragon (b), and Alvin Stoller (d). Recorded September 4, 1956, Radio Recorders, Hollywood. (Verve Records)


Driftin' Dreamin'
In an Azure mood,
Stardust gleamin'
Thru my solitude

Here in my seclusion,
You're a blue illusion
While I'm in this Azure interlude.

I'm not wanted I'm so all alone;
Always haunted
By the dreams I own;
But, though I'm tormented
I must be contented
Driftin' Dreamin'
In an Azure mood!

Driftin' Dreamin'
In an Azure mood

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: